Gana-A'Yoo, Limited, and all subsidiary companies, were established for the benefit of our shareholders. We strive to increase economic opportunities and to recognize the important role we play in the community. Our commitment is to enrich the lives of our people through increased economic development, employment and educational opportunities, and responsible resource management.
Thank you to the over 50 participants today at the Gana-A'Yoo Shareholder Information Meeting on November 17 at 12:00pm! Thank you to Ida Hildebrand for kicking off the meeting with a prayer. What a great turn out!
Congratulations to the $50 door prize winners:
- Agnes Silas
- Vera Lestenkof
- Leann Sommer
- Ida Hildebrand
- Paulina Sommer
- Sharlene Strassburg
- Nancy Pitka
- Vaughn Reitan
- Roger Nicholas
- Stephanie Ashcraft
Our Fall 2020 Newsletter was recently distributed, and we recognize the below were missed. These condolences will be featured in our Winter 2020 Newsletter. The Gana-A’Yoo, Limited board of directors and staff extend their sincere condolences to the families and friends of the following shareholders who have recently passed away.
Johnny Evans Sr. age 77 – Galena Stock
Corina M. Kriska age 53 – Koyukuk / Nulato Stock
Marvin J. Thurmond age 60 – Galena / Nulato Stock
Updating your record with Shareholder Record
If you have a stock will dated in the past 5 years, you will be entered into our annual stock drawing.
All stock wills must be notarized or certified by the postmaster and signed by you.
If you would like to gift stock to someone, please complete the Gifting Stock Application.
If you would like to change your name or address, please complete the Shareholder Records Change Form.
If you would like to have direct deposit or update your direct deposit please compete the Direct Deposit Form.
Please join the number of donors helping to make the goals of Gana-A’Yoo, Limited shareholders and descendants a reality. The Board of Directors of the Foundation work hard to ensure the mission of enriching and enhancing the educational opportunities are there for students and potential students. Supporting the goals of the scholarship recipients helps the Foundation to promote healthy communities, a paramount aspect of its vision. To donate online, please click here.
November 5, 2020
- Stock Will Form: You could be the lucky winner of one of two (2) $500 cash prizes! Those who have submitted a valid stock will within the last five years by November 5th are entered to win! All stock wills must be notarized or certified by the postmaster and signed by you.
- Thank you to the 316 shareholders who have updated their stock wills in the last five years! Congratulations to Marion Louise Esmailka and Emery Wendell Bourdon Sr. We will have future drawings, so be sure to continue submitting valid stock wills!
January 24, 2021
- Candidate and Directors Questionnaire Form: The Gana-A’Yoo, Limited Board of Directors are seeking to fill three open seats on the board. The 2021 election does not require any class of stock or residency requirement. Shareholders are encouraged to consider running for the board. In order to be listed on the proxy, interested shareholders must submit a director’s questionnaire by Sunday, January 24, 2021.
Current directors’ terms expire in May 2021:
· Seat currently held by Kimberly Bower (Nulato Stock, Rural Residency)
· Seat currently held by Sharon Hildebrand (Galena & Nulato Stock, Urban Residency)
· Seat currently held by Shay Huntington McEwen (Galena Stock, Urban Residency)
Director eligibility requirements:
· Must be a shareholder of Gana-A’Yoo, Limited holding voting stock· Must be at least 18 years of age
- Shareholder of the Year Nomination Form: This award recognizes shareholders who model the mission, vision, and values of Gana-A'Yoo.
- Student of the Year Nomination Form: This award recognizes students, 7th grade to college, who model the mission, and values of Gana-A'Yoo Foundation. Nominees must be either a shareholder or a descendant of an original shareholder.
June 15th or September 30th
Shareholders and descendants are eligible for scholarships from Gana-A'Yoo Foundation. The deadline for the spring semester general scholarship is September 30th (those who were awarded after the June 15th deadline do not need to submit a 2nd application for the school year). Please visit www.ganaayoo.com/foundation for more information.